
I spent an enormous amount of time looking at wedding cakes before deciding on which appealed most to me. I looked at bakery websites and Google images until I found "the one". The Wedding Cake was part of the banquet center package and I didn't really expect the bakery to have exactly what I had in mind, but they did have a similar cake. I love the draped fondant cake, but I also love gumpaste flowers on them rather than buttercream flowers or real flowers. When looking up cakes with the gumpaste flowers online, the prices were exorbitant (I'd never pay $5000 for a cake). So, I looked up the cost of gumpaste flowers. Really inexpensive. I paid about 15.00 for three corsage size gumpaste white lily flowers, so I bought two sets of those and a box of blue agapanthus gumpaste flowers. I gave them to the bakery and they applied on the cake and added some little dots with pearlized icing. It was so beautiful I didn't want to cut it. The best prices and selections for the gumpaste flowers was CalJava. For another great resource with fantastic prices and selection for boxes, ribbons, bags etc. for wedding favors was Papermart.

No comments:
Post a Comment